Sunday, May 3, 2009

Shamrock

Tomorrow morning, Sunday - Mountpottinger church.
I'm going with one of my favourite Russians - Alexey Osintev. :)

We're doing a short intro session about ship, ministry - and maybe a testimony.

Had dinner tonight in the house of an ex-Douloid ( 1982-1984 ). It was good. Breakfast for dinner's always good. :) And then of course we had to talk about tea, and coffee ( and kopi luwak ), which very quickly turned into a full-blowned discussion about weird foodtypes from around the world.

Ah food - the conversation starter, ender - and sometimes ( most times ) it just takes over.
But all in good fun.


I realise that I've been a very adventurous 'eater'.
But then again I'm Chinese.

brr.
I just added dried Whale meat and Whale 'blubber' + rotten raw sheep meat into the list of 'exotic' foods I've tried. ( Faroe Islands ) 
Ah, and the raw herring in the Netherlands.
I didn't try the Haggis tho. ( Scotland ) 

I have so much to tell but I don't know where to start.
"Ireland" is an interesting place and I have a feeling I've only seen one part of it. I'll have to go to the Republic of Ireland before I get a full grasp of the Irish, and the things that unite/divide them.

For starters, I just found out that there's Irish English and then there's Irish - like a real Gaelic language. And who St Patrick really was, and what is the significance of the 3 ( clover?) shamrock leaf. 

Time! Time's winged chariots are catching up, running after me. 


No comments: